Social Icons

Practicing Patience

I'd planned to arrive in Namibia one month ago today. I was going to be involved in a preaching conference last week and an Easter conference next weekend. I was going to start researching and visiting youth ministries in Namibia and reconnect friends and co-workers from past trips. But according to God's plan, He still wants me to be in NH right now. I know that because that's where I am and I know "He will accomplish all His good pleasure" (Isa 46:10).

The latest on the visa situation is as follows: Apparently there's a huge backlog of pending applications for work permits at Home Affairs, so the only real news I have is that they're still working on it. I have a few other friends who are also still waiting on their approvals, so I know it's not just me. My co-workers at NETS are checking in on a regular basis, so as soon as something comes through they'll let me know and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience and continued prayers about this situation. We continue to trust that for God this is no big thing, nor is it out of His plan. It's not like they somehow messed up His plans and now He's scrambling to figure out what to do. He will accomplish all His good pleasure in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment