Social Icons

Chapter 2

My friend Sarah is a missionary doctor in Zambia. She once told me that in missionary biographies all the preparation and training stuff only makes up the first chapter. It's not until they head off to the field that you turn the page to chapter two. Today I start chapter two. When I finish writing this post I'll head off to the airport with my three suitcases to start a new chapter of my story in Namibia. I'll spend the next two days hopping planes and airports and finally land in Windhoek on Thursday afternoon.

When I take short-term teams I like to give them a few recommendations to add to their playlist as the soundtrack for our trip. I also have a few books and sermons to accompany me along my 40+ hour journey I thought I'd share with you. So these are currently the top hits on my travel playlist:

One Life by Boyce Avenue
Simple Life by Casey Abrams
Oceans (Where Feet May Fall) by Hillsong United
Oh How I Need You by All Sons & Daughters
Love Laid Down by Green River Ordinance
London by Tim Stop
Christ Is All by Matt Chandler, from T4G 2014
Never Spoke A Man Like This Before by Kevin DeYoung, from T4G 2014
The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis

You have any other recommendations for me?

1 comment:

  1. All Sons and Daughters - Dawn to Dusk
    Allistair Begg's series - "Give us Each day" you can find it on www.truthforlife.org ---> broadcasts then go to Feb 8, 2014. there is a part 1 and part 2

    if this works you can use this link
    http://www.truthforlife.org/broadcasts/2014/02/08/give-us-each-day-part-1-of-2/

    ReplyDelete