Social Icons

Still waiting

Still no news from Namibian Home Affairs. Still praying and waiting on God's perfect timing to get everything worked out. In the meantime, I'm doing my best to take advantage of this time I do have. I went to a musical and a state hockey championship that some of my youth groupers were involved in. I've gotten to see a few friends I haven't seen in ages who I wouldn't have connected with if I'd left when I planned. I'm starting to work on learning some Afrikaans and getting a head start on writing curriculum. I'm getting my body clock a little closer to Namibian time by going to bed earlier and rising earlier. And I'm learning patience and trust in God's timing. I read this quote recently that sums it up pretty well:
"Sometimes God has better things in mind or something different in mind for us than what we have in mind for ourselves. The long and short of all of it is that if I believe that God is good, then I need to accept whatever happens to me in life as being a gift, and allow Him to take some of the things that hurt, allow Him to take some of the things that sting, some of the things that I think are going to kill me--allow Him to take those things and make of me the person He wants me to be. It may not be the person I want to be, but it'll be the person He would want me to be." ~Rich Mullins

1 comment: