Social Icons

Miles to go before I sleep

The open road
Many missionaries dread home assignment because it means they have to travel around the country visiting all their supporters and speaking at churches. Then they return to the field more tired than when they left! But I've realized what a joy and privilege it is to have most of my ministry partners be my friends. In other words, the people who regularly pray for and support me are people I want to see anyway! So that means coming back for home assignment isn't about "reporting" to random missions committees, but it's catching up on life and investing in relationships. Thus my cross-country road trip over the past month has been a great joy reconnecting with old friends. :)

My college buddy now teaching at Cedarville University
I drove over 3500 miles across 9 different states to visit friends and family who have spread out all over the place. One of the coolest things is seeing how God has sovereignly put each person in a completely different place to each do a small part of His greater work. Sometimes it's easy to have blinders on and not see beyond our own lives and troubles, but God is doing so many great things through people all over the world and, go figure, He's doing it without me! I just need to be faithful with the little part that He's given me. What a privilege it's been this past month to get little glimpses of God's greater work through all my friends.

Mini-reunion with some college friends
Sunset over Lake Michigan
Got to attend a friend's wedding. Congrats John & Molly!
Enjoying the sunset from a friend's boat
(Click on photos to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment