Social Icons

Bible reading plan

For many, January 1st brings thoughts of resolutions and making life adjustments. We reflect on the past year and see all the areas where our life hasn't met our expectations or desires, then we set about in our own strength to make ourselves more like we want to be. Some of those things may be related to our spiritual lives, like wanting to pray more, memorize Scripture, or reading through the Bible in a year.

Oftentimes my Bible reading can feel a bit routine, maybe because I've read that passage many times before or I don't know how it applies to my life. Or sometimes I approach my Bible reading with many other things on my mind. So one idea that has been helpful for me is reading a devotional along with my Bible. That reading helps get my mind focused on spiritual things and helps me know how it might apply to my life.

If reading a devotional could be something that's helpful for you I would recommend trying D.A. Carson's For The Love of God. His plan offers up to 4 Bible chapters to read each day, and a short one-page devotional related to one of those chapters. You can find both volumes free online at the following links:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment