684 Days Without Incident
Nobody likes being sick, but it happens to everybody. So despite the fever and upset stomach today, I find myself quite thankful for a year and a half without a sick day. It's been a good run for which I'm quite thankful to God and my immune system (and my parents for letting me eat dirt as a kid). This is no small accomplishment when moving halfway across the world to a different land with different foods and different sanitary expectations. So today I'm thanking God for a streak of good health and praying for many more healthy days to come (as soon as I get this day behind me). Plus lying in bed all day affords me the time to do other things I've stopped getting around to, like writing blog posts (No pictures today which I know you're quite thankful for).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I haven't yet had a sick day in Kenya, but there have been so many slightly overwhelming weeks, that I have kind of wanted to get sick just to have a reason to stay in bed.
ReplyDeletePraise God! May it continue!
ReplyDelete