Being the only American missionary amongst the SIM team here in Windhoek, it became my responsibility to host and organize Thanksgiving, in which everyone else was more than willing to partake. I'd never cooked a turkey before, but I've watched it enough times, plus, how hard can it be! I found two small chicken-sized birds in the frozen section at the supermarket, however stuffing isn't a staple in the Namibian diet (shocker!) so that would have to be homemade. For my first homemade Thanksgiving meal everything tasted phenomenal. I even impress myself sometimes!
 |
| This is going to be epic! |
 |
The birds all stuffed and ready to go, Mixed Herbs
on the left and Sweet Chili on the right! |
 |
| The answer is yes, those turkeys did taste as good as they look. |
 |
| One fine Thanksgiving spread |
 |
Buddy, my American friend, brought homemade "pumpkin" (a.k.a. zebra
butternut squash) pie and delicious honey baked ham. We got to share our
cultural heritage with Swiss, German, and Namibian friends. |
 |
| And of course it wouldn't be a proper Thanksgiving without football! |
No comments:
Post a Comment