Social Icons

Endings and Beginnings

After four long years, I heard the Academic Dean call my name inviting me to walk across the platform, shake a few hands, and receive my diploma of graduation. They call it commencement not because it is the ending of our time in seminary, but because it is the beginning of our journey after seminary. Having officially received my Masters in Biblical Studies from Reformed Theological Seminary Charlotte, the chapter in my life called "Seminary" is now closed, but the chapter entitled "Missionary to Namibia" is just a page turn away.

I find myself standing in a doorway. I look back and see four enjoyable years in Charlotte spent making great memories with great friends, learning theology by the book but also experiencing it worked out in real life, and learning how to both give and receive true community. Charlotte will always have a special place in my heart. But as I pack up my life, say my goodbyes and do many things for the last time, I'm reminded that life comes in seasons. As I walk through the doorway into a new season, I'm excited to see what new lessons God has to teach me, what new experiences he has planned for me, and what new friends he will give me. As much as we love the past, we can never live there again. We can only allow ourselves to be molded by it as we blaze a new trail into the future.

1 comment:

  1. "As much as we love the past, we can never live there again, we can only allow ourselves to be molded by it as we blaze a new trail in the future" .. Well written. definitely a lesson I have been learning ; in a different way...

    ReplyDelete